If you are ovewhelmed at the thought of cooking/baking something from scratch vs. buying from the store...you are not alone! Do not stress! So many people are intimidated by the idea of baking/cooking.
What's exciting is that...yes the first time might take a while with you figuring it out, but after that the same recipe will be a cake walk!
Granola is a perfect recipe to 'test' the waters, as you really can't mess it up. Trust me, even the people saying "Jessamy, I'm gonna be the one person that messes it up!" Give it a whirl, and worst case you can always pop out to the store to buy some instead, and try again another time :)
BENEFITS TO MAKING YOUR OWN GRANOLA:
- Ingredients = You get to choose the ingredients, ditching those nuts/seeds you don’t like and adding the ones you do! 🌰
- Sugar = You get to control the amount of sugar - as most granolas are LOADED with sugar!🍯
- Easy = It is surprisingly easy to make once you’ve cracked the seal of trying it the 1st time💁🏼♀️
- Cost = It’s cheaper to make homemade than buy packaged 💸
- Last = It lasts a long time, generally 2 weeks or freeze for longer! 🎉
Healthy Recipes for you to Try:
- Coconut = https://minimalistbaker.com/super-chunky-coconut-granola/
- PB = https://sugarfreelondoner.com/peanut-butter-granola-2/
- Banana = https://livelytable.com/healthy-banana-bread-granola/
- Muesli = https://www.feastingathome.com/morning-glory-muesli/ ***This is a muesli recipe. Muesli is basically oats with nuts, dried fruit, soaked in milk, and served cold. It is DELICIOUS! It was created in Switzerland by a physician for his patients, and is eaten a lot more in Europe . It's even easier to make than granola, and great for a quick meal/snack on the go.
Photocred: Alexander Mils & Gianna Trewavas on Unsplash