Where Did this come from?
I love LOTS of different flavours in one meal, mexican burritos from my LA days, and the tartness of the tomato in Shakshuka. The squash I added in the fall as another awesome flavour punch/nutrition powerhouse.
When to Enjoy
Breakfast/Lunch/whenever you want a hearty meal packed with nutrients. (38g of protein alone, 600% of your Vitamin A and 40% of your Iron for the day!)
How to Enjoy
You can eat it like you might fajitas where you get forkfuls of all the different flavours as you make your tortilla. I use the egg whites as my tortilla to scoop up all the delicious'ness and or my fork.
- 5 egg whites/1C liquid egg whites *protein powerhouse
- 50g avocado (1/4 avo)
- 130g beans (1/2C)
- 240g butternut/pumpkin squash puree
- 3/4 can of tomato sauce *YES I go straight tomato sauce, bc so many of the tomato soups have a bunch of crap in them/way too much sodium...this way you are going straight tomatoes and you can season yourself!
- Chili pepper flakes, curry powder, smoked paprika, cracked black pepper, & Himalayan sea salt/Maldon sea salt flakes
- Prep the avocado, beans, & squash into dishes
- Pour the tomato soup into a pot and heat
- Start cooking the egg whites. You don't want to overcook the egg whites, so I do these when everything else is almost done.
- Then GENEROUSLY season with spices and herbs.