What is a Healthy Non-Toxic Moisturizer & Makeup Remover?
Organic Coconut oil 🥥🥥
Why should I use it?
Our skin is our largest organ and biggest surface area of our body. What we put on it is absorbed into our body, circulates in our bloodstream, and into our organs. What we put on it has just as much effect as what we put in it i.e. food wise. Therefore, I wouldn’t put anything on my skin, I wouldn’t want to eat, so coconut oil is the winning move.
It can help to...
- Reduce bacteria *It is a great natural antibacterial cream!
- Reduce acne
- Prevent wrinkles *the triglycerides in the oil expedite collagen repair
- Prevent stretch marks
- Reduce antioxidative damage
- Protect against the sun *albeit SPF 4, so I would recommend more SPF than this, but certainly better than nothing
Coconut Oil as a Makeup Remover
It is a great makeup remover that is gentle on the skin (especially great eye make up remover to preserve thin skin around eyes).
How Do I Use it as a Makeup Remover?
- Wet your face with water
- Mix a thumb size amount of coconut oil and hot water in the palm of your hands
- Now rub that mixture all over your face, like you're literally washing your face with a cleanser, gently rubbing all all the make up loose for 1-2 mins.
- Now soak a hot flannel in hot water, and put it directly on your face, like a mini steam bath on your face.
- Now gently use the soaked hot flannel to rub away the coconut oil and make up.
- Rinse the flannel and repeat 1-2 times until all make up is removed.
- You should now be sparkly and refreshed!
- You can now continue with your regular face wash evening routine.
***For quick use - just dip a cotton ball in a bit of oil and rub on area you want to remove makeup i.e. this is great for removing eye makeup
Can I use it as a Face Moisturizer?
It is best used as a body moisturizer. I use it as a facial moisturizer but I have peers who find that it is is a bit too oily/makes them breakout.
When I use it, I use very little. It varies per person and will depend on the natural oils of your face.
What Brand Should You Use?
I use Nature’s Way Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. They use a cold pressed method which is less harsh than regular heat pressed method ~ preserves the nutrients and reduces degradation of the oil. 🏝🏝
What if I Can't Use Coconut Oil?
Alternately, I would opt for Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is not my first choice because it has quite a potent smell, and I feel a bit too much like a salad/piece of food, but it is a great alternative.