Bentonite Clay Mask
This mask is genious and so ridiculously easy to do. Essentially the clay binds to the toxins when you apply it to your face/armpits/feet - then when it dries and you wash it off, the toxins get washed off with it!
- 1T Bentonite Clay *I use Redmond’s
- Splash Organic Apple Cider Vinegar *optional, I use Bragg’s
- 1T Filtered Water
- Glass bowl
- Plastic spoon *not metal!
- 5-10 min = prepping mask
- 10-50 min = wearing mask *you can do housework/watch tv/hang during this time
- Face = 10-15 min *you do not need to do more than this amount of time as the mask is very strong. I went gungho 20 min the first time and my face was bright red after 🤦🏼♀️🤦🏼♀️
- Feet = 30 min
- Armpits 30-60 min
- Wash your face/armpits/feet before you apply the mask *After your shower is the best time as your pores will be more open **see "extra credit" below
- In a glass bowl add 1T of bentonite clay and 1T of filtered water
- Mix into a paste with either a wooden or plastic spoon *Do not use a metal spoon as the clay will absorb the metallics which then will then be applied to your skin/end up on your skin, defeating the whole purpose
- You can add a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar to enhance the effects/make it smell nicer. *I normally skip this step as I find the bentonite clay and water sufficient
- The mask might be clumpy at first, so mix for 1-2 minutes. The smoother the paste the more effective it will be.
- Then apply evenly on your face/armpits/feet *Apply a nice even thinnish layer *The thicker it is the longer it will take to dry
- Let paste dry till it's dried/flaking/cracking (see times above)
- Soak a flannel under hot steaming water and apply this to your face/armpits/feet and gently wipe away the paste
- Repeat until you’re removed all the paste from your body
- Pat your face/armpits/feed dry with a towel
- Apply a light dab of coconut oil to moisturize area as the clay is quite strong and this will have a gentle moisturizing effect
Note - Armpits/Feet
- #6 Drying phase
- Armpits = Hang out ideally with armpits up above your head (think the “Y” in the “YMCA” dance until the paste dries) *I am inpatient so I will compromise and do that for the first 10 mins then do clenaing around house the remainder of the time
- Feet = I set up a lasagna cooking tray with hot water and soak my feet and clean them before doing mask. I then put the mask on my feet and let them dangle in the air off my sofa/up against a chai while they dry. *I lay a towel on my floor to try and keep it mess free.
- ** = I normally do a salt scrub on my body and feet prior to doing the mask to get even more bang for my buck.
Clean up Tip
The mask/clay can clump in your pipes, so it is best dispose of the leftover clay/mask in the rubbish