- Go organic
- Go local & seasonal
- Variety/rotational meals
- Shopping list by meal
- Bake in the Impulse buys
- Go organic = Food quality is so poor nowadays that it really is best option
- Go local & seasonal = Tends to be less pricy and our bodies actually digest and use nutrients better from produce found in our local climate
- Variety/rotational meals = I love ‘go to’ meals/snacks/foods but also know variety helps give us a good range of vits+minerals, so I recommend alternating btw trying out new foods and then having regulars in the mix i.e. rotate 2 breakfasts you like for a month then switch it up again
- Shopping list by meal = I find that if I just write a tons of things i want on a list or just grab things I like the look of in the store, I get home and have a bunch of stuff that doesn’t work in a meal/snack. Instead, I build my list based on meals ie. breakfast - eggs, bacon, avocado, toast and so on. That way I know I will have actual meals to eat when i get home.
- Bake in the impulse buys = I bake into my budget buying 1/2 items that aren’t on my ‘list’ but i’ve wanted to try…so that way I feel like i’m getting my impulse fix and having fun.
photo credit: neONBRAND from unsplash